It’s official! The NAVIS Demo Centre in Hanoi is open!
Yesterday, 8th of October, the opening ceremony took place at the Hanoi University of Science and Technology library building in Hanoi, Vietnam, involving several relevant personalities.
The opening speeches were provided by:
– Prof. Tran Van Top, Vice President, Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST)
– Koen Duchateau, First Counsellor – Head of Cooperation, Delegation of the European Union to Vietnam
– Dr. Mariano Anderle, Scientific Attaché, Embassy of Italy to Vietnam
– Dr. Doan Ha Thang, Chief of Office of Vietnam Space Committee
Official opening of the #EU #GNSS Demo Centre at Navis Centre in Hanoi at the presence of @EUdelegation, VAST Chief of Office, HUST Vice President, and @BELSproject @ISMB @NavSAS @la_UPC representatives pic.twitter.com/I9Tn4NZDtp
— GPovero (@G_Povero) November 8, 2018
Ms. Povero from ISMB presented the BELS+ project, while Prof. T.H.Tung showed the NAVIS Centre peculiarities to the attendees. The second part of the Opening day focused on presentation provided by local researchers, European GNSS professionals and European companies that are collaborating with BELS+:
– NAVSCIN, A Marie Skolodowska-Curie Action on High Accuracy Navigation under Ionospheric Scintillation between EU and South East Asia, Adria Rovira, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (BarcelonaTech – UPC), Spain
– Innovate measuring technology to determine coordinates, elevation based on the services of the CORS station network in Vietnam, Nghiem Tuan Anh, Department of Survey, Mapping and GIS, Vietnam
– Tackling Ionosphere to Enhance High GNSS Accuracy, Vincenzo Romano, SpacEarth, Italy
– Protecting GNSS Applications and Services, Nottingham Scientific Limited (NSL), United Kingdom
– Phase Scintillation Monitoring using Conventional GNSS Receivers, Nguyen Viet Khoi, NAVIS Centre
– A Low Cost Antenna Array Method for Interference Localization, Nguyen Hong Lam, NAVIS Centre
– GNSS Spoofing Detector using Dual Antenna, Nguyen Van Hien, NAVIS Centre 15:00-15:30 Coffee, Tea Break
– A novel design of low power consumption GPS positioning solution based on snapshot technique, Nguyen Dinh Thuan, NAVIS Centre
– Advanced GNSS Test Solutions and Flexible GNSS R&D Tools, IFEN Gmbh, Germany
– Precise and Reliable RTK Positioning in the ASEAN region, ANAVS Gmbh, Germany
– NAVISIM: GNSS Simulator for Black-Box Testing, Nguyen D. Thuan, NAVIS Centre
Today, 9th of October, the NAVIS hosted the first EGNSS Day Workshop with visit to the Demo Centre @ NAVIS, training sessions, hands on opportunities and demonstrations of the available technologies. Here the agenda of this training day.